swagbucks- an awesome way you can help our homeschool earn book $

Search & Win

Thursday, June 18, 2009


I am participating in the Ultimate Recipe Swap at www.lifeasmom.com
Today's theme is ........drumroll please.............Summer Desserts
I'm going to capitalize on the fact that it is Father's Day Weekend, and since I'm married to the Ultimate Dad, I'm going to get all squishy and romantic by posting a recipe that a good friend made for our unbelievable luau wedding shower, complete with Polynesian dancers. (Brendan loves all things Hawaiian....if I ever get my own reality show, like Jon and Kate, and can jet him off to wherever I choose on someone else's dime, I'll take Brendan to Hawaii.) I remember being blown away by all the detail and effort they went into for this party. Too bad it was pre-digital days, and the photos are languishing in a cardboard box, or I'd post them. Maybe someday..........
So, without further comment, I present to you Shari Young's Fabulous Pina Colada Cake
Pina Colada Cake
Cake
1 package white layer cake mix
1 package vanilla instant pie pudding
3/4 cups water
1 cup flaked coconut
3 eggs
1/3 cup dark bacardi rum
1/4 cup Wesson oil
Put all ingredients except coconut in large mixer bowl. Beat 4 minutes. Stir in coconut. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 inch pans. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Do not underbake. Cool in pans 15 minutes, then cool on rack.
Frosting
1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice
1 package vanilla pudding
1/3 cup dark rum
1 container (9 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
Combine all ingredients except Cool Whip in bowl. Beat until well blended. Fold in Cool Whip. Top with extra coconut.
Enjoy!

No comments: