swagbucks- an awesome way you can help our homeschool earn book $

Search & Win

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Has it really been THAT long?

Yes, it truly has been over two years since I wrote on my blog.   Very sad.  I can't decide whose fault it is, but I'm pretty sure that the blame lies equally between Rosalie, Pinterest, and Facebook!  

I'm trying to spend time doing important things...of the above three distractions, Rosalie is the only important one!   I'm not swearing off Pinterest and Facebook, just determining to use them as tools, not time fillers.   In my humble opinion, blogging is important because it provides a written record of our life as a family, it offers a way for a me to encourage other moms in schooling and homemaking, and it is an important tool for an author to test out material and ideas for future books.

I am officially an author.   Or a co-author, actually.    Kathy Lee and I wrote a great book, called "The Homegrown Preschooler" due out in April of 2013.    Yesterday, I received the first edits from the publisher.  They had already attached that first page, with all of the copyright info....I got a little thrill from seeing my name and "Library of Congress" on the same page.    Thankfully, they didn't hack it up too bad, and we will be sending it back with corrections in the next few weeks.    Here it is with it's tentative title/cover that we made up.  

Titles and Covers are marketing driven, and decided by the publisher and distributor, so I don't plan on it looking like this, but this is what it would look like if I was choosing!   

So after all the summer fun of getting the book ready to go, it's time to plan my 9th year of homeschooling.   I cannot believe it has been so long!    It seems like yesterday that we ordered our first box of Sonlight.   

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where I leap to the other end of the spectrum and blog on how we do high school in our home!    



No comments: